We've asked our customers to give us some feedback on their personal experience of buying online from The Paca Shack.
With all the media releases on people having problems when they have used online shopping or the websites are not secure. Rest asured the padlock symbol shows you our website is save.
I received the parcel on 2 May and I am very happy with the baby blanket.
The blanket is very soft and nicely knitted. My young friends would be delighted with the gift. I have not try the socks yet.
I like the Alpaca wool so much. I am going to buy some of the Alpaca wool to knit something for another friend.
I will do the order very soon. Regards Grace
Star Rating: 5
very soft and warm. excellent knitting. very classy
These yarns are just scrumptious! Perfect for little ones who love soft things.
Quick and wonderful service. Delivered to mailbox only a few days after ordering. Thank you.
Gorgeous. Very cosy , warm, and light to wear. Soft padded soles . Lovely snug fit. Pretty pink colour. I love them. Thanks for the excellent product.
Raw Fibre Dear Jill (and Hokey Pokey)
Thank you for sending this box of fluffies!
Already I can see and feel that it's going to be easy and delightful to spinRegards Valerie
Really happy! Love the slippers. Love the speedy and easy service. Thanks heaps!
Hi Jill THANKYOU for such wonderful fast service I’ve just picked up yarn from our rural mail box. Cheers Sue
soft, warm and easy to wear
I love how this design sits flat and short so you can work and walk, without it getting in the way like a scarf does. The alpaca is soooo soft and warm, and I love the pattern and silver colour - it will go with so many clothes. Thank you! Mary
I love my jacket and neck warmer! My son’s baby is going to love the booties and hat when it is born later this year. Thank you Mary
This luxurious wool is beautiful and soft and knits up exceptionally well. Customer service was outstanding!
Awesome prompt service
Lovely colour, soft wool. The thing that impressed me the most was the service. Ordered it one day and it was here the next.
45cm Real Hide Alpaca toy
Softest toy ever and so cute and huggable
Thank you for my recent two orders of hand spun 100% alpaca yarn. Each parcel arrived the very next day after it was ordered. The yarn is so easy on my hands to work with and glides more smoothly over the crochet hook than other types of yarn. The FeiFei/Wendy Dark Fawn colour turned out slightly darker/richer than in the website photos, which is great, it is actually what I was looking for. Both orders are beautiful and surpassed my expectations. I put together the strands from two balls of yarn to make close to the bulky weight yarn needed for my pattern, and got two hats out of it that fit my kids, with a little yarn left over. To make an adult sized hat as intended, I will put together three balls of yarn, and I think that will be perfect to make a couple more hats. The hats I made are snuggly and non-itchy. We are very happy, and all prepared for winter! Warm regards, Belinda
BRILLIANT! You guys are great! Great customer service!!!!!!! The wool got here so fast and your response the other night to my problems was so prompt and helpful. Thankyou! I really like the wool and am glad to know about your company. Your website is great too ( besides the few headaches I had finally putting in my order which went through fine the second time,) I think you are a really good company to deal with, Regards Awhi
- Hi Jill, Thank you so much for your excellent service, communication, and stunning products. The wool arrived today, and was safely tucked on the back door step when I got home. If you have a mailing list, please put my name on it. I will double check on your website in case there is a link there. I am very excited to try the 8 ply, and love the stunning colours of the 14 ply. Once again, thank you very much for wonderful customer service. Kind regards, Heather
Thank you Jill. The delivery arrived today. What amazingly prompt service. I was so amazed because I thought it would take at least a week. I will enjoy getting the needles out and starting my projects. I enjoyed visiting your shop earlier in the year while on holiday and remembered your online service. I will order more wool once these projects are complete. Kind regards Lynette
Hi Jill, Thanks very much – it’s fantastic (my daughter had visited your shop, and asked me if I’d knit her a beanie – she loved your products when she was there) Regards Jan
Hi Jill, The slippers arrived today - a perfect fit and so cosy and warm. Very happy with my purchase! Regards Brigitte
- Hi Jill, Love my scarf, thankyou . Appreciated receiving it so quickly :)Also great to get the brochure and learn more about alpacas, have always thought how gorgeous these animals are and was thrilled to find your site and be able to purchase the scarf. Regards Vicki
- Thanks for the gloves Jill. Perfect!!! Such wonderful service.
My experience buying a pair of Ruby Red Alpaca gloves online from The Paca Shack was great! I live in Australia and my mum lives in New Zealand so I am always looking online for unique gifts that I can purchase and have delivered to her. The gloves were delivered super quick, in time for mother's day, and with a personal note as I requested. Mum was thrilled with her beautiful, snugly warm gloves and I was thrilled with the service. Maria R
- Hi Jill Just letting you know I have received the balls of yarn. Thank you so much for the prompt service and the interesting book regarding alpaccas. Kind regards Carolyn
- Big gold star for Trevor, he had the book out in the post the same day,
I was IMPRESSED! I love collecting kids books about alpacas and llamas.
Hi Jill, Yes I am thrilled with the underlay. It is so warm and cosy. A great investment.
Many Thanks Caroline
- Hi Jill, Got the book and little dress - we've had the book before so know already that it's great. The dress is sooo cute. I'm a bit worried though that it might be too small for the little one year old - think she's a bit chubby ... . Anyway if it is, we wont want to return it, but do you make a bigger size too as we just love the fact that it's alpaca and we have alpaca :) Thanks Vicki
HI Jill, JUST RECEIVED THE ALPACA TOY J VERY HAPPY, EXCELLENT SERVICE.. THE QUALITY IS AMAZING. THANK YOU SO MUCH, I SHALL BE USING YOUR COMPANY AGAIN FOR SURE ALL THE BEST PATRICK
Hi Jill, The slippers arrived this morning and they are perfect, thank you! Now the rest of the family are asking for them - so I shall probably be putting in more orders. Great to have a locally made product! Kaylene
Hi Jill, The shakari arrived safely and the colour is nice and size looks good – it is on it’s way to Melbourne! Thanks for your help with this Cheers Liz
Thanks Jill - I'm looking foward to spinning up the rest and knitting it up. Thanks heaps for letting me buy Nyx's fleece - I'll definitely be back for more alpaca fibre at some point. Cheers Pam
- Hi Jill, As promised I'm dropping you a line about Nyx's fleece post carding. Leo did an awesome job with the carding - it looks and feel like a cloud. I've attached a picture for you so you can see the little bit (120g into 320m of 4ply) I spun up on Sunday. Cheers Pam :)
Received gorgeous items this morning – thank you! Debbie G
Morning Jill, My teddy has arrived safe and sound thank you - I am thrilled with him as he is exactly what I was looking for. thank you so much kind regards Chris
Hi Jill, Thanks so much! My family and I are so excited to be getting these innersoles. After buying a pair for myself 4 years ago in Nelson we have been searching for Alpaca innersoles because they are the best!
- We are all just about to move to the UK and these will come in very handy in the winter months. It is good to know that you post to the UK as well. No doubt we will order from you again :) Thanks! Becky
Hi Jill I passed through Fairlie last week to gander through your shop purchased the blue alpaca jumper. My friend purchased another alpaca jumper as well. During the past week I have been wearing the jumpers purchased and they are just so lovely and warm. Please add me to your mailing list and let me know when you get another shipment of alpaca wool ware in. One question do you have 100% alpaca socks. Thanks again and a great pleasure meeting you. Kind regards Gayle
- I have a pair of your felt slippers, which were given me by a friend which I am VERY pleased with! I am in the UK till after Christmas and am keen to order more felt slippers for some of my sons & daughters - in -law. I would need them sent by air mail. So far I will certainly want one pair large (UK size 9-10) & one smallish ( UK size 5). Obviously the slipper sizes are fine so long as they are not too big or small. I would be happy to pay by debit card (NZvisa) or to transfer funds directly from my Kiwibank A/C to your account - whichever is easier. Bill C
I have bought several orders of wool from ‘Gem Alpacas’. The service from Jill and her staff is so helpful and prompt and the wool is just a ‘GEM’ to knit with. My preference is always for the handspun wool, which is so gorgeous to wear. Tricia D
Hey Jill, I received the duvet this morning! I can't wait to go to sleep today to try it, hahaha! Will let you know how it was the experience, but the first impression it was really good! Thanks a lot for everything, I'm really happy with my purchase and with you too. If I go to the South Island (hopefully sooner than later) we'll come for a visit! Thanks again Gisela :)
- Hi Jill, We love our alpaca duvet so much!!! It's fantastic! At the beginning it was so hot in bed because the nights weren't too cold, but now is perfect! We are not cold or hot, just perfect! It has the right weight and it fits perfectly to my duvet cover. The best duvet I've ever had! Perfect weight and real warm. Highly recommended if you are looking for some good New Zealand made duvet! Happy with the price as well! Looking forward to buy more thing from you guys! Are you coming to the Fieldays? Hope yes! Thanks a lot! Gisela
Hi Jill, Thank you the Alpaca wool arrived today and I am very happy with it and how quickly it got here. It has put my faith into internet ordering. We originally bought some of that wool when we visited your shop at christmas time when we were on holiday in the South Island and I have knitted a lovely cardigan and beret set for our youngest grand daughter and didnt quite have enough to finish the beret so thats good I can now finish the set. Am sure you will hear from me again to order wools from you as where I live I have to travel to get the selection as we only have a very basic wool shop in Morrinsville. Many thanks. Robyn A
- Recently I needed 1 more ball of yarn from pacashack to finish a childs beret for my grand daughter. Having not used the internet before for buying i was a little hesitant to buy however I went ahead and ordered and was extremely pleased with how everything went smoothly and the wool arrived very quickly. I will not hesitate to use this again for orders of wool or anything else I may like Robyn A
Hi Jill, Many thanks for your help in getting the blanket up to us with such efficiency. I tracked it as you suggested and discovered that it had been delivered to our address at 8:16 this morning. Great product and great service. My wife will love it. I’m sure that we will be buying for others in the future. Regards Bob C
Hi Jill. FABULOUS slippers and excellent service. Have a great weekend. Regards Chris C
Hi Jill, The package arrived yesterday! Thank you so much we are all very happy with our Alpaca products. Thanks again, Becky
Hello I have just received my lovely leg warmers. Thanks so much for the quick response. They are soft, beautifully made and instant warmth. Very much appreciated.
Cheers P. Matthew
The duvet arrived yesterday afternoon thank you. Had a great sleep underneath it last night – we are very happy with the complete package. The quality is superb, thank you. Regards C Leslie